Monday, January 26, 2009
Thank God for an Inspired Bible - John Piper
History of the English Bible notes - Click Here.
History of the English Bible timeline - Click Here.
KJV to ESV notes - Click Here.
Bble Translations notes - Click Here.
Power Point - Click Here.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
A quote from Franz Delitzsch from "Biblical Commentary on the Prophecies of Isaiah."
When you're trying to understand a passage in the Bible, weighing different interpretations, here is the ultimate criterion for deciding. Which one is "an interpretation worthy of God"?
Friday, January 16, 2009
I have heard from a few people that they are having trouble listening or watching or loading audios and videos on this website and linked websites (A Heart for God's Glory and My Favorite Music).
Last December I ran into the same problem and after some research found that my flash-player had somehow been corrupted, as well as my Winsock configuration. For those of you who don’t know what that means – I am with you! But in spite of my ignorance, after spending some time doing more research I was able to solve both problems.
1) If you are having this problem, first try replacing your flash-player. You will need to uninstall your current flash-player and then install the most recent updated one. I have posted both programs for you here.
For the program to uninstall your current flash-player, Click Here.
For the program to install the most recent updated flash-player, Click Here.
After you have done both of these, shut down your computer, start it up again, and try listening/watching/loading audios and videos.
2) If you are still having problems hearing/watching/loading audios and videos, then try repairing/resetting your Winsock settings. Again I have posted the program for you below.
For the program to repair/reset your Winsock, Click Here.
May God bless you with patience and success!
Monday, January 12, 2009
That's My King!
Old Testament notes - Click Here
New Tesament notes - Click Here
History Between the Old and New Testament notes - Click Here
Apocrypha notes - Click Here
Canon of the Bible notes - Click Here
Power Point - Click Here
Why Memorize Scripture? - John Piper
Memoirzing Scripture notes - Click Here
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. (Acts 2:42)
Throughout the Gospels we read time and time again that the ministry of our Lord Jesus on earth consisted of three activities:
1) Preaching - “Jesus said, ’I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God . . . I was sent for this purpose.’” (Luke 4:43)
2) Teaching - "Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues.” (Matthew 9:35)
3) Prayer - "He went out to the mountain to pray, and all night he continued in prayer to God." (Luke 6:12)
Once Jesus ascended into heaven, we read that by the empowering of the Holy Spirit, the first church continued in those same activities:
1) Preaching - "Every day . . . they did not cease . . . preaching Jesus as the Christ." (Acts 5:42)
2) Teaching - "They were teaching the people and proclaiming in Jesus the resurrection from the dead." (Acts 4:2)
3) Prayer - "All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer." (Acts 1:14)
As the body of Christ, the presence of our Lord on earth, Arrowsmith is also called to follow Jesus and the early church in these activities. While our Sunday morning worship service allows us to grow in grace through preaching, we lack a regular corporate time to gather together for teaching and for prayer.
As a result we at Arrowsmith Baptist Church are resolved to meeting together on the second and fourth Sunday evenings of every month from 6:30 PM to 8 PM for a time of teaching and prayer - both for the glory of God, and so "that we may present everyone mature in Christ." (Colossians 1:28). Child care will be provided.
". . . and all who believed were together and had all things in common. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved." (Acts 2:47)